Monday, December 25, 2017

One of My Fave Books: 'So You Don't Want to Go to Church Anymore'

Jake Colsen Rides Again

Free PDF version: http://www.jakecolsen.com/JakeStory.pdf

Wayne Jacobsen writes at this link (snip below): https://www.lifestream.org/jake-colsen-rides/

".. I love how this book finds its way to people when they seem to need it most. What started as a fun project between two friends to try to tell a story of someone learning to live loved on a website, became a book that has sold way beyond my expectations. In addition, the free version has been downloaded hundreds of thousands of times. I never realized how much

Just this past week, I received two emails from people who have recently been touched by this story. First, from a brother in Canada:

".. We have been in formal church settings for many years until recently. I had become increasingly frustrated with the lack of  opportunity in most Christian meeting to really have any kind of meaningful connections with other believers. It seemed easier in the local restaurants and coffee  shops to connect with people. Although I really love worshipping God with much of the current  worship music, I found that the  tendencies of ‘worship leaders’ in local assemblies to try  to manipulate how people respond to God in the times of corporate praise was a huge distraction to my connection with God and often irritating.

We are now one of the ‘Dones’. I do meet with other believers often and have great time of fellowship. I just wanted to tell you a bit about myself and also to express my appreciation for this book. My eyes were opened to many things and already I can see God working in my heart in new desires of how I can walk relationally with people instead of religiously. I also took to heart the wisdom of not trying to ‘convert’ people to these new ideas if they are not ready to hear them!..".."

Yes ... sensed this first in 1964, then again in 1973 at a mission church, again in 1994 and again most recently in 1999 .. institutional manipulation can happen in large and small gatherings ... those that seek freedom from that will quietly leave ...

No comments:

Post a Comment